SKINNY LAGER MAKES THE FREEFROM SHORTLIST
SkinnyBrands Premium Lager is so excited to be shortlisted in the FreeFrom Gluten-Free Beer category. This is a new and emerging category for 2020 and we are grateful to be recognised for this. Four new categories were added to the FreeFrom Food Awards – the UK’s ONLY award for ‘freefrom’ foods – this year: ‘Artisan Foods’ – reflecting FreeFrom’s new engagement with traditional methods ’Sinful Foods’ – to accommodate for all those crazily indulgent foods that hit the spot like no other – and which those following freefrom diets so often miss out on ‘Drinks’ – to incorporate the drinks industry’s playful exploration into freefrom drinks other than (but including) Gluten-Free Beer: wines, liqueurs, non-alcoholic, cocktails, cider, mixers and ‘ready to drinks’ ‘Vegan Snacks and Meals Ideas’ – aligning vegan and plant-based foods with milk and egg-free ones – sounds delicious. This year’s shortlist includes:
- Brio Bakery Gluten and Milk Free Panettone – FreeFrom Artisan Foods
- SkinnyBrands Premium Lager – Gluten-Free Beers
- Lidl Just Free Coconut Yoghurt Mango – Milk Product Alternatives
- Greens Gluten-Free Beers Hefe Weissbier – Gluten-Free Beers
- The Box Bakery Wholegrain Bread Mix with Linseeds, Sunflower and Pumpkin Seeds & Quinoa – Store Cupboard & Innovation Award
- Holland & Barrett Vegan Friendly Gluten Free Mince Pies – Vegan Snacks & Meals Ideas
- Growers Garden Broccoli Crisps with Chilli – Savoury Snacks & Crackers
- Asda Mature Cheddar Alternative – Milk Product Alternatives
- Marks & Spencer Made Without Wheat Gluten Free Orange & Poppy Seed Cake Mix – Store Cupboard
- Pulsin Keto Bar – Choc Fudge & Peanut – Snack Bars
- Sea Arch Ready to Drink Sea & T. – Sea Arch Coastal Juniper with Blood Orange Tonic – Drinks – A Shot Of Class
- Aldi Gluten Free Tempura Fish Goujons – Meaty & Fishy Ready Meals
- Tesco Plant Chef Mushroom Cottage Pie – Vegan Snacks & Meals Ideas
- Co-op Free From Hot Cross Buns – Tea Time!
- Morrisons Free From Caramel Millionaire Shortbread – Tea Time!
- Venice Bakery Large FreeFrom and Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Base – No Top 14
The awards chief, Michelle Berriedale-Johnson tells us about her amazement at the rise in entries for the awards; “This year’s entry has amazed us all – 30% up on 2019 and, for the first time, not just four of the major supermarkets as entrants, but eight! And… the standard and variety of the entries gets better and better. There is also no doubt that the plant-based revolution and FreeFrom are working hand in hand, and the freefrom consumer is definitely benefitting.” What Makes SkinnyBrands Premium Lager Gluten-Free? There are two different production methods that qualify a product as ‘Gluten Free’. Either no gluten is used at all during the production process or the gluten can be removed to a value <20ppm. SkinnyBrands Premium Lager is gluten removed. Therefore we can still use malted barley (a gluten) and by doing so we ensure that we are still a great tasting premium lager. SkinnyBrands Premium Lager contains <10ppm gluten and is Coeliac Society Certifed. Shop your favourite lower-calorie SkinnyBrands Premium Lager at Tesco in their ‘Free From’ section here.